Friday, November 9, 2007

The Warriors Pirate Ship Taking On Water

"I'm going to give him a clean slate till something happens."
- Reggie Miller on Stephen Jackson coming back from suspension.

"It's like Reggie said."
- How SJ would probably respond.

Overheard the same telecast:

"Shot selection has always been a problem for Baron Davis."
- Mike "The Rug" Fratello

Yo Coach,

Couldn't it be said that poor shot selection is true for every member of Golden State? With the possible exception of rookie Marco Bellinelli* and Kosta Perovic, because you know he isn't ever getting off the bench.

But look at their roster of gunners: Al "hey, mom, I'm on TV" Harrington, Troy "I'm in the building let me shoot" Hudson, Monta "can't get off this pogo stick" Ellis, and, oh yeah, Stephen "I can get a shot off anywhere (even Cell Block C) " Jackson. The list goes on -- don't think we forgot about you Matt Barnes.

Here's my point: Isn't that GS's strategy in the first place? Play all Helter Skelter, get their opponents off balance and finish them off with a few dozen throat slashes? Seriously, GS has about as much team discipline as a pirate ship, and I might even side with the pirate ship if I had to trust one or the other. Speaking of ships, the Warriors' has certainly taken on some water.

BTW...During the game with Dallas, something else came to my attention: Devin Harris is making an early push for the All-Flopper First Team. Jesus, dude, take some acting lessons. And I'm not talking about from Mark Cuban.

* Predictions, Predictions...

Marco Bellinelli will be more successful than Peja Stojakovic. They're similar players, but Bellinelli seems savvier than Peja, and definitely a better passer, and he's only 21. Just try to roll that number Stephen J.

No comments: